City Clerk/Assistant City Manager
The Assistant City Manager, who also serves as the City Clerk, provides direct support to the City Manager to accomplish the policies and goals set by the Board of Directors. This position oversees the operations across the city's organization structure and has general oversight of the following departments:
- City Clerk's Office
- Fleet Services
- Information Systems
- Intracity Transit
- Municipal Customer Operations
- Planning and Development
- Public Information
Brownfield Workshop links
Office of the City Clerk
The Office of the City Clerk is, by law, responsible for the custody of all laws and Ordinances of the city and for keeping a regular and correct journal of the proceedings of the Board of Directors. This department traditionally serves as the historian of the community, and is called upon daily by elected officials, government staff or the public at large to produce some type of record. The City Clerk oversees the Deputy City Clerk and the Revenue Collector.
Creation of the Board of Directors Meeting Agenda Packet
Archiving of City Records
- Board of Directors proceedings including agendas, minutes, and any other material distributed during official meetings.
- Ordinances and resolutions
- Monthly/quarterly/annual reports such as the CAFR, budget book, A & P reports, Comprehensive Plan
- Contracts/agreements/memorandums of understanding
- Elections/petitions-elections, petitions, recalls, annexations, statements of financial interest, certified election results
- Property-bought, sold, dedicated, easements, deeds
- Publications-proofs of publications for public meetings and hearings, notices, ordinances, bids
- Serves as the records management officer overseeing the records management, retention and destruction plan.
- The Office of the City Clerk serves as the codebook editor and is charged with making approved updates to the city codebook while maintaining its organizational structure.
- Maintains the listing of each BCC including members, contact information and position openings
- Advertises BCC openings, receives applications, presents applicants to the Board of Directors for approval
- Prepares election information packets
- Accepts and certifies filing petitions
- Sends certification of nomination for candidates to the county clerk and election commission
- Collects statements of financial interests from public officials
- Gives guidance to citizens to ensure proper procedures are followed and proper notifications are conducted.
- Creates, maintains and updates city administrative polices as needed
- Responds to citizen inquiries related to FOIA requests
- Collects all requested information for distribution