Burn Permit Information

When you have agricultural materials that need to be burned, a burn permit is required. Only agricultural materials (no trash) may be burned.



Cost: Free
A Burn Permit must be obtained by the owner or occupant of the residential property where the burning will take place. Proof of ownership or occupancy must be verified by driver license, ID card, or recent utility bill statement. The Burn Permit may only be used as per the conditions on the permit.


Cost: $25
All commercial or second-party persons wishing to burn must obtain a commercial burn permit for $25 through the Fire Marshal’s Office. In some cases, the fire marshal may need to visually inspect the site and or materials to be burned. The burn permit may only be used as per the conditions on the permit.

Obtaining a Permit

Burn permits can be obtained from either the Central Fire Station at 310 Broadway, or the Lakeshore Station at 220 Lakeshore Drive.

Permitting Hours

  • Residential permitting hours are from 8 a.m. through 5 p.m. every day.
  • Commercial permitting hours are Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m.