The Solid Waste Department offers a recycling drop off center that is accessible 24 hours a day. It is located at the corner of Valley and Runyon streets.
- Newsprint - Newsprint only; if it comes in the newspaper, it can be recycled. Please do not tie or bag newsprint. It must be dry, clean and unsoiled (free of wax, plastics and other contaminants). It should not have been exposed to the sun for long periods of time. No magazines, catalogs or junk mail.
- Aluminum - Rinse beverage cans. No tin cans, foil, siding or pie pans. Crush cans in order save space. Hint: If in doubt, use a refrigerator magnet. If the magnet sticks, it is not aluminum.
- Corrugated Cardboard - Corrugated cardboard (a wavy layer between two flat layers) only. No pasteboard, such as cereal and shoe boxes. Flatten boxes. Labels, tape and staples do not have to be removed.
- Glass - Glass bottles and jars. No window glass or mirrors.
- Plastic #1 - Two liter drink bottles, water bottles, any plastic container with the chasing arrow triangle that has the #1 inside the triangle. Please remove all lids and rinse the container prior to disposing. Labels do not have to be removed.
- Plastic #2 - Milk jugs, laundry detergent bottles, bleach bottles, any plastic container with the chasing arrow triangle that has the #2 inside the triangle. Please remove all lids and rinse the container prior to disposing. Labels to not have to be removed.
- Sorted Office Paper - Office paper (both color and white), notebook paper, magazines, catalogs, junk mail, and phone books, @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
The Recycling Center is located at 218 Runyon St., and accepts all the above materials, as well as, E-Waste. This facility is open Monday - Friday, 7:00am - 3:30pm.
- Electronic Waste - Computers, Monitors, Televisions, Keyboards, VCR's, DVD Players, Microwaves, and other small electronics.
- All items accepted at the drop off center are also accepted at the Recycling Center. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>