COVID-19 Hot Springs Updates
Below are the most recent COVID-19 press releases and updates from the City, Hot Springs/Garland County COVID-19 Task Force, and the State of Arkansas, as well as links to release/update archives. For the most current statewide and county-specific COVID-19 statistics, visit the Arkansas Department of Health’s (ADH)
With the community level currently "Low," COVID-19 updates will be provided weekly with the understanding of a return to more frequent updates, should the need arise.
(05/9/22) 36 active cases in Garland County
The following statistics for Monday, May 9, 2022, were posted on the Arkansas Department of Health’s (ADH) website:
- 23,342 cumulative cases in Garland County, up 17 from May 2.
- 36 active cases in Garland County, up six from May 2.
- 22,793 recoveries in Garland County, up 11 from May 2.
- 510 deaths in Garland County, no change from May 2.
See the Garland County and Arkansas Daily Report Archive for previous daily statistics.
(05/02/22) HS/GC COVID Task Force: Garland County's COVID metrics remain flat
Garland County’s metrics continued at the same rate as the past month for the week of April 24 – May 1, according to County Health Officer Dr. Gene Shelby.
The Hot Springs/Garland County COVID-19 Task Force is meeting monthly and did not convene this week, but Shelby provided his weekly COVID-19 statistic update electronically to the group.
Last week there were 21 reported new cases, compared to the previous weeks’ 12 and 16. There were 548 reported tests, for a positivity rate of 3.8%, compared to previous weeks’ 3.7% and 5.3%. Active cases in the county decreased by two to 29, as of Monday morning. Active cases have remained “in the same, narrow range the county has seen since mid-March,” said Shelby. There were no COVID-related deaths recorded.
Representatives from CHI St. Vincent and National Park Medical Center reported there was only one hospitalized COVID-19 patient.
“Arkansas, as a whole, seems to be having a leveling of what the Health Department has described as a ‘bump’ of new and active cases. Hopefully, these trends will continue,” Shelby said.
- Garland County and Arkansas COVID-19 Update report archive
- Hot Springs/Garland County COVID-19 Task Force report archive
- City of Hot Springs COVID-19 update report archive
COVID-19 Testing Sites in Garland County
- Apollo Medical (111 Cordoba Center, Hot Springs Village): 8 a.m. – 6 p.m., Monday – Friday; 8 a.m. – 4 p.m., Saturday; 1 p.m. – 6 p.m., Sunday; 501-226-3220
- Convenient Care Clinic (100 McGowan Court, Hot Springs): 7 a.m. – 7 p.m., Monday – Friday; 8 a.m. – 7 p.m., Saturday and Sunday; 501-525-9675
- Convenient Care Clinic (4419 Hwy 7 North, Hot Springs Village): 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Monday – Thursday; 501-213-1148
- Garland County Health Unit (1425 Malvern Avenue, Hot Springs): 8 a.m. – 4 p.m., Monday – Friday; 501-624-3394
- Healthy Connections (3604 Central Avenue, Hot Springs): 8 a.m. – 6 p.m., Monday – Friday; 888-710-8220
- Healthy Connections (1723 Malvern Avenue, Hot Springs): 8 a.m. – 6 p.m., Monday – Friday; 888-710-8220
- First Care Walk-In Clinic (120 Adcock Road, Garland County): 7 a.m. – 5 p.m., Monday – Friday; 8 a.m. – 5 p.m., Saturday;
1 p.m. – 5 p.m., Sunday; 501-651-4500
- Sherwood Urgent Care (201 Airport Road, Hot Springs): 8 a.m. – 8 p.m., Monday – Friday; 8 a.m. – 4 p.m., Saturday; 1 p.m. – 6 p.m., Sunday; 501-547-9481
- Walmart (1601 Albert Pike Road): Online evaluation and scheduling at www.DoINeedACOVID19Test.com, or call 1-800-635-8611
Download a PDF flyer of the testing sites in Garland County to print/display/share.
ADH Call Center
(8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.)
Community Service Assistance
Call Arkansas 2-1-1
2-1-1 is a free telephone service that connects individuals in need to important community services in the state of Arkansas.
Serving eight counties in the Ouachita Region, the guide lists up-to-date information for an array of services available.
Arkansas Department of Workforce Services Unemployment Hotline
(6 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Saturday)
Family / Personal Wellbeing
Child Abuse Hotline
Mental Health and Addiction Services Support Line
(8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday)
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
COVID-19 Related Funeral Assistance