(05/20/20) Arkansas COVID-19 cases up to 5,003 The daily COVID-19 press conference on Wednesday was hosted by Secretary of Health Dr. Nate Smith at the Arkansas Department of Health (ADH) in Little Rock as Gov. Asa Hutchinson was at a meeting in the White House. The following stats were shared at the press conference and on the ADH website:
- 5,003 total confirmed cases, up 80 from 4,923 on Tuesday.
- 1,044 active cases, down 38 from Tuesday.
- 3,852 recoveries, up 113 from Tuesday.
- 107 deaths, up five from Tuesday.
- 79 cases requiring hospitalization, up one from Tuesday.
- 16 cases on a ventilator, up two from Tuesday.
- 325 cases involving nursing home residents, no change from Tuesday.
- 130 cases in Garland County, no change from Tuesday.
- 120 recoveries in Garland County, up three from Tuesday.
- 1 death in Garland County, no change from Tuesday.
The announcement regarding team sports and summer camps has been delayed until the Thursday press conference due to Hutchinson’s trip to Washington.
Of the 80 new cases, 79 are community cases as only one additional case was reported from correctional facilities. This was the second day in a row that total tests reached record levels as the total number of results received in the past 24 hours was 4,396. The positive rate of infection was 1.9%.
Smith announced an upgrade to the data dashboard, which features more information and COVID-19 statistics for the state. It is located on the ADH website – healthy.arkansas.gov.