- Our Community
- COVID-19 Hot Springs Updates
- Largest number of new community COVID-19 Cases
Largest number of new community COVID-19 Cases in Arkansas in a single-day
(06/26/20) Largest number of new community COVID-19 Cases in Arkansas in a single-day
The following statistics were shared Thursday at Gov. Asa Hutchinson’s daily COVID-19 news conference in Little Rock and posted on the Arkansas Department of Health’s website:
- 18,740 total confirmed cases, up 678 from 18,062 on Thursday.
- 5,707 active cases, up 12 from Thursday.
- 12,784 recoveries, up 657 from Thursday.
- 249 deaths, up seven from Thursday.
- 284 cases requiring hospitalization, no change from Thursday.
- 63 cases requiring a ventilator, down three from Thursday.
- 205 cases in Garland County, up 14 from Wednesday.
- 41 active cases in Garland County, up 11 from Wednesday.
- 163 recoveries in Garland County, up three from Wednesday.
- 1 death in Garland County, no change from Wednesday.
As of Thursday, June 25, there were a total of 6,897 test results compiled in the past 24 hours, which brings the new June testing total to 148,380 individuals tested in Arkansas.
Of the 678 new cases, there are 9 in correctional facilities and 669 in the community.
Of the 5,707 active cases, there are 108 cases in nursing homes, 621 case in correctional facilities and 4,978 cases in the community.
Over the last 24 hours, the counties with the highest number of new cases are Washington (122), Pulaski (84), Benton (68), Sebastian (33), Faulkner (31), Crittenden (26), Lonoke (26), Polk (22) and the rest are under 20.
Current hospitalizations and ICU Admits for COVID-19 positive cases in Arkansas by public health regions are:
- Northwest: 123 (43.3%) Hospitalizations and 58 (44.6%) ICU Admits
- Northeast: 28 (9.9%) Hospitalizations and 18 (13.8%) ICU Admits
- Central: 105 (37%) Hospitalizations and 43 (33.1%) ICU Admits
- Southwest: 23 (8.1%) Hospitalizations and 9 (6.9%) ICU Admits
- Southeast: 5 (1.8%) Hospitalizations and 2 (1.5%) ICU Admits
The number of available ICU beds for COVID-19 positive cases in Arkansas by public health region are:
- Northwest: 42 ICU beds
- Northeast: 32 ICU beds
- Central: 60 ICU beds
- Southwest: 18 ICU beds
- Southeast: 18 ICU beds
The contact tracing active cases update for the last 24 hours show that restaurants (2%), churches (2%), Health and Wellness businesses (2%), barbershops (.6%), hotel/motels (.4%), daycare (.3%), gyms (.3%) are the most visited places in the last 14 days prior diagnosis.
There are 98% of Arkansas churches following guidelines. These places of worship implementing the guidelines are not showing any evidence of transmission. Places of worship that are not strictly following the guidelines are showing clusters of cases and risk the chance of spreading the virus.
There are a total of 2,455 confirmed cases in the poultry businesses. 851 of those cases are active, while 1,604 are recovered.
Hutchinson stated, “the Alcoholic Beverage Control division will be assisting the Arkansas Department of Health in compliances and inspections with COVID-19 related health directives.”