The City of Hot Springs will accept applications until noon on Friday, Oct. 1, 2021, for a total of 12 volunteer positions on various City of Hot Springs advisory boards, committees and commissions.
Applicants must be registered voters of the City of Hot Springs, unless otherwise specified. Board, committee and commission members are appointed by the Board of Directors and meet in the Board Chambers at City Hall, 133 Convention Boulevard, unless otherwise published.
The openings include the following:
- Two openings for city residents on the Animal Control Advisory Committee. This seven-member committee assists the Animal Services Department in evaluating policies and procedures, including public education efforts concerning responsible pet ownership. Members serve a term of four years. Meetings are held as needed at the Animal Shelter conference room, 319 Davidson Drive.
- Four openings for city residents on the Arts Advisory Committee. This seven-person group reviews and recommends placement of permanent art and temporary exhibits, as well as secures funding for such displays. Members serve a term of two years. Meetings are held at noon on the second Tuesday of each month at the Parks and Trails Office, 111 Opera Street.
- Two openings for city residents on the Board of Adjustments & Appeals/Board of Zoning Adjustment. This five-member board hears appeals from decisions of the administrative officers in respect to the enforcement and application of various development codes, along with appeals and variance requests concerning the administration and application of the Zoning Code. Members serve a term of three years. Meetings are held at 4 p.m. on the fourth Wednesday of each month.
- One opening for a city resident on the Civil Service Commission. This five-member commission performs various personnel-related functions pertaining to the City's uniformed departments (fire and police), including administration of hiring and promotional testing. The commission was established by H.S.C. 10-3, pursuant to state law. Members serve a term of six years. Meetings are held at 4 p.m. on the third Wednesday of each month at the Hot Springs Police Station, 641 Malvern Avenue.
- One opening on the Planning Commission for a resident of Garland County (must reside within the planning jurisdiction). This commission, which has nine members and three alternates, reviews all land development proposals within the city, including all subdivisions and adopted planning areas, to ensure compliance with the Zoning and Subdivision codes. Members serve a term of three years. Meetings are held at 6 p.m. on the second Thursday of each month.
- Two openings for city residents on the Transportation Advisory Committee. This seven-member committee assists the Board of Directors and City staff in the establishment of policies for the City's public transit system, as well as public transportation issues of a general nature. Members serve a term of four years. Meetings are held as needed at the Transportation Depot, 100 Broadway Terrace.
Applications are available online at www.cityhs.net/boards-commissions, or in the City Clerk’s Office at City Hall, 133 Convention Boulevard. For information, contact Leigh Leaverton at 501-321-6805 or email@example.com.